Georgia Catterick joined the SUVelo Women’s Racing Team this year to work with our NRS team in high-profile NRS races. Announced in the last week, and as covered by New Zealand’s Marlborough Express, Georgia flies to Virginia in the United States with her countrymen to compete in the UCI Junior World Championships. The upcoming Sam Miranda Tour of the King Valley is one of Georgia’s last multi-stage races before the Worlds, and she joins Abby Sneddon, Steph Lord, Josephine Meldgaard and Gina Ricardo in the event. Best of luck to the Women’s Race Team in the near future and Georgia at the Worlds!
Conditions were kind to the racers in today’s SUVelo Club Race. With the temperature in double figures and only a modest breeze blowing through the park, Heffron played host to some aggressive racing across Women’s A, and Men’s A-D grades.
SUVelo Club criterium racing returns to Heffron on Sunday August 16th!
This race is not just limited to Sydney Uni Velo members. Everyone is welcome! So come along and have some fun!
Racing is only $10 for CA gold license members. Day license is available for CA silver license members.
We’ve got some great prizes courtesy of our club sponsors to entice you along:
- The Malaya will give away 3 vouchers on the day to be awarded to the most combative riders.
- Pave the Way and Turbo Studio will also have some great prizes on offer!
- Sign on from 7AM
- Women’s, C, and D Grades start at 7:30am
- A and B Grades start at 8:30am.
- Women’s, C, and D grades: criterium with slight twist. Watch this space closer to the day for more information.
- A and B grades: 55 mins – 1 hour criterium around heffron.
We are hoping for a huge turnout to challenge for an exclusive meal at our favourite restaurant – The Malaya.
See you there!
After serving for five years as a member of the SUVelo Club Committee, Andrew Best will be stepping down from the role of Sports Director.
This weekend saw the NSW State Team Time Trial Championships in Nowra.