Great weather this morning and perfect racing conditions saw a solid turnout for this month’s racing. Men’s A and C had some aggressive racing, but the size of the B-grade bunch meant it was a bit more cagey. Despite mid-race primes to shake things up, no breaks stuck in any grade and sprint finishes were the order of the day.
Our second Women’s handicap had low numbers again as it clashed with the Bathurst weekend which a number of the SUVelo girls were attending – it seems we’re always clashing at this stage of the season. Hopefully we’ll be able to book a clear weekend later in the year!
Women’s A did just enough to catch B-Grade, but C-Grade had the numbers and the cohesion to work as a unit and they managed to stay away to take the placings. I’ll definitely have to adjust their handicap for next time!
Thanks to everyone who came down to race. Thanks also to Andrew Duggan as Commissaire and to Matt Hale, Brendan Hancox and Richard Scriven for marshalling. Our next event is on April 29th, so see you then!
- Matthew Dauner – Manning Valley CC
- Geoff Johnson – Manly-Warringah CC
- Neil Stanton – Australian Defence Force CC
Prime: Neil Stanton
- Danial Van Der Laan – Sydney Uni Velo
- Stuart Hamilton – Sydney Uni Velo
- Rodrigo Notaro – Dulwich Hill Bicycle Club
Prime: Nelson Aston – Sydney Uni Velo
- Jesse Coyle – Sydney Uni Velo
- Angus Wilson – Sydney Uni Velo
- Ed White – Sydney Uni Velo
Prime: Angus Wilson
- Fiona Kwok – Randwick-Botany CC
- Rebecca Hay – Dulwich Hill Bicycle Club
- Claire Menzies – Randwick-Botany CC
1st A-Grader: Gina Ricardo – Sydney Uni Velo
1st B-Grader: Amanda Burdett – Manning Valley CC