After a week of strong, gusty winds, this morning dawned relatively calm with clear skies albeit slightly brisk. With the ‘feels like’ temperature a balmy 1C for 7am sign-on the numbers were down, with only two women gracing us with their presence and 8 riders for Men’s C-Grade.
The extra hour in bed and extra few degrees meant we saw decent fields start for both Men’s A and B. The sun was up which meant it was almost pleasant standing on the sidelines watching the race, until the southerly came through covering the sun, the apparent temperature dropped a few degrees and both races ended up sprinting into a nice headwind.
Thanks to Nic Martin as Commissaire and to Brett McLeod, André Szczepanski and Dan Van Der Laan as marshals and a special thanks to all the riders who got out of bed to come down and support our race. Next event is on September 24th, so see you all there! And remember, Spring IS on the way 🙂
- Gina Ricardo – Sydney Uni Velo
- Samantha Boyce – Rapha CC
- Alex Lowe – Sydney Uni Velo
- Russell Fox – Parklife CC
- Pat Brophy – Sydney Uni Velo
- Nick d’Ambrosio – Parklife CC
- Ben De Groot – Eastern Suburbs
- Darragh Larkin – Eastern Suburbs
- Nash Kent – Parklife CC
- Nate Bonarius – Sydney Uni Velo
- James Nicol – Manning Valley CC