Sydney Uni Velo Club welcomes expressions of interest from men and women who wish to join the SUVelo Race Squads for 2016. This opportunity is perfect for those riders with a desire to race across a wide spectrum of NSW state open races and selected national races in a fun, supportive team environment.
- A supportive team environment led by Team Captains, race Leadership group and the SUVelo Sports Director
- Progression and development in racing skills, confidence and fitness through participation in a variety of races throughout the season
- Financial sponsorship and planning/logistics support
The race programs differ between the Women’s and Men’s teams but both have a key focus on the representation of SUVelo at numerous State open races held throughout NSW. Both the teams will collectively set their goals very early in the season and commit to achieving them.
How to apply
While specific criteria differ between the teams there are fundamental requirements common to both. To make an application to either team for 2016 you must
- Be a member of SUVelo and SUSF or become a member in 2016
- Be committed to racing a set number of open state races and possibly selected national events
- Be prepared to race and train in club/team kit
- Be motivated, enthusiastic, a team-player and a positive ambassador for the team, club, and sport of cycling
- Be willing to make a co-payment towards team race entry and travel expenses (finalised before selections are made)
- Be willing to participate in the running of the team by undertaking some planning and coordination tasks as required
If you would like to be part of SUVelo Racing in 2016, please send through your EOI detailing your race experience and why you would like to race with us, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 November 2015. We would like to hear about your goals for 2016 and why you believe you will be a good teammate within the SUVelo Race team.
SUVelo is the premier road cycling club in the Sydney cycling community, dedicated to the ongoing development of its riders, by fostering a healthy performance culture that inspires members to strive and achieve their racing goals across all grades, in a friendly and inclusive environment. SUVelo was named as the 2015 Road Premiership Club by Cycling NSW.